Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2015

The Reading List 12'15

Welcome December, Welcome Winter

There’s no month that has me so much into reading mood as December. I just want to cuddle up with a nice, hot cup of tea and read books that I’m really excited for. December’s no month for trying out new genres or something completely different from what I normally read, but a month that makes me crave homely-feelings and feel-good stories. I want books that I can read in bed while watching the snowfall outside, even though there is none yet (fingers crossed).

Sadly, due to my term dates, December’s also a month for exams, many hours spent at the library and dry texts that tell me not so dazzling stories of numbers and figures. It takes double the effort to get into Christmas mode during this time. Luckily I know myself pretty well and am able to look out for books that’ll make me forget the pressure for a few precious minutes (hopefully).

I'd therefore love to introduce you to my rather short December reading list: 



Girl Online on Tour by Zoe Sugg

I guess by now everyone has heard of the writing scandal concerning the first of Zoella’s novels. I read it last year around Christmas, in the beginning only to know the book everyone was talking about and see what the fuss was all about. Surprisingly, I liked the story very much and read it one more time during the year. It’s an easy read that’ll leave you feeling happy and relaxed. Although I wouldn’t consider myself as part of the target group for this book, it made me feel like a teenager all over again and that was awesome. Sometimes I just need to read light-hearted books and this is one of my favourites of that genre. I hope that the second part will make me feel just that way, whoever wrote it this time.



Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

I read this book for the first time last winter and I genuinely loved it. The humour in this book is so much on point I can’t even tell you. I loved the characters in this book and it’s just overall one of the most Christmassy books I ever read. The perfect holiday read with the perfect amount of teenage romance to get your thoughts off from school, University or whatever you're doing in real life.


How to Read Literature by Terry Eagleton

I know, it’s not that long ago since I told you about my dry university texts and now I’m introducing to you a book by a Professor of English Literature. But let me tell you, this book is definitely worth a read. I started it during the semester, but had to stop due to a lack of time. It’s not only a book for students of literature, but really anyone who’s interested in the basics of this field. He’s worked with such easy methods and proves that you don’t always have to explain topics in the most complicating ways possible and nevertheless get amazing results. There’s no chapter in this book (at least so far) that didn’t surprise me in its simplicity and ingenuity.  


Let it Snow – John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle


First, let me tell you how jealous I am of Lauren Myracle's last name. I mean honestly, how cool is that?

Second, I have very high expectations in regard to this book, but I'm fairly sure that it'll live up to them. I already started reading it yesterday and I'm delighted so far. The topic's seem to be rather easy and light as well as the humour in this book. It made me smile several times and I'm looking forward to continue to read this later in bed. 

What are you reading this December? And why? 

Sincerely, 

Liska 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.