Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2014

8 Things to Do on A Winter Day


Do you know these days when you just want to do something fun and relaxing without having a clue 
what exactly you're looking for? Well, I sure do and for that case I always have a back up plan with me (very handy to have) If you're struggling to fill your after Christmas free time, here's my ultimate list to share: 





Prepare an Awesome Breakfast (and then eat it)

Let's be honest, there's nothing better than a huge breakfast. On weekdays I'm often too lazy to prepare a proper one (hello New Year's resolution) but I just love to celebrate one at the weekend. Better make it a brunch and go for the whole eating a six-course meal before noon thing. If you're super motivated you could even assemble the girls, bet they're hungry, too!

Read a fantastic book

Hands down, I'm a bookworm. But even if you're not, weekends are a good time to start. You're missing the connective feeling when you're reading all by yourself? Join a book club! You don't even need to leave your house for that. A Beautiful Mess is one of my favourite blogs to read, partly because of the possibility to share opinions about books. They pretty often have really good choices, so help yourself and go buy that book (or any other for that matter) I'm currently into Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. It's the second time I'm reading it and I still love it. If you're searching for that last bit of Christmas feeling, this book certainly has it.




Spend some Quality Time

Are you still searching for time to have that pamper evening? You're moment has come. Switching off the internet, preparing the perfect bath (not until there are candles included) and just relaxing. Sounds good? Then you should stop here and go that extra mile to your bathroom and hot water.

Go Out For a Walk 

Unfortunately there wasn't enough snow today to build a snowman, but maybe you're more of a lucky one. It's always a good idea to get some fresh air, whether on your own or with friends/ family. It's kind of hard to actually get off that sofa, but totally worth it. Promise. Except it's raining and you're no dog owner, stay away from that splashy world.




Catch up on Your Favourite TV-Shows 

or discover new ones. I never seem to find the time to catch up with my currently favourite show. I won't tell you which one, I don't want to risk anyone telling me the ending. Sure you understand. Another good way to spend time not moving on a sofa is a movie marathon, naturally with pizza and some friends as a bonus. But pizza would do it.

Learn Something New 

Staying indoor, it's always good to try or learn something new. There are so many tutorials on Youtube on the weirdest of topics, it's heaven for a day off. Grab that guitar, brush, pencil or book. It's always a good idea to extend you're knowledge. There sure is something you've always wanted to try. What about scrapbooking?




Go Ice Skating 

In case you're around the corner, there's a great opportunity to ice skate at Le Grand Palais des Glaces  in Paris. But any other skating rink will sure do. Let's get that body moving!

Organize Your Room

I'm a total nerd when it comes to organizing. I love to-do list's, hand written notes, calendars, stationery in general is one of my weaknesses. Organizing my room, having fresh blankets after that pamper evening is one of the best feelings in the world to me. Take that hour and remove all clutter from your desk, file away documents and I'm sure you'll feel better afterwards and ready for new adventures. Maybe clean the kitchen?

Let me know what you preferably do on a winter day, I'm so curious!

Liska


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.